Support APAC, become a Volunteer
We are in need of volunteers for our programs. Men and women volunteer mentors are always needed for our youth programs, Teen REACH Two and Girls as Philanthropists. We also need volunteers to Coach athletic events, Tutors and Homework Helpers to assist students with after-school work, Administrative Support to assist with filing, phone calls, mailings and special projects, Chaperones for field trips, and Activity Leaders for activities. Volunteer mentors are instructed to give guidance and otherwise build a relationship with the youth.
The following definitions of basic volunteer activities:
- Mentor: A one-on-one unsupervised relationship to serve as a role-model for youth.
- Coach: A teacher of athletic skills and teamwork to a group of youth.
- Tutor: An individual who assists youth with academics, either one-on-one or in a group.
- Homework Helper: An individual who assists youth, individually or in a group, with completion of schoolwork.
- Administrative Support: An individual who performs tasks such as data entry, photocopying, filing, etc. and assists with mailings and special projects.
- Chaperone: An individual who accompanies and supervises youth on field trips with staff present.
- Activity Leader: An individual who carries out a planned activity as designated and approved by staff.
For more information on volunteer activities, please contact our office.